Space Reservation Guidelines
FAQ's for booking events in Capitol Federal Hall
What if I need to request several different events?
- B-School Events Director, Adelina Perraglio, is happy to schedule meetings to go over all your organization's requests in person at once instead of completing numerous forms. Just send me an email to schedule a meeting
Can I reserve conference rooms?
- Unfortunately not because conference rooms are locked in the evenings.
Can I reserve the Hive or the Colloquium?
- Yes! If student organizations are hosting an event in the Colloquium, it will be left unlocked for you. It is your responsibility to clean and close the door after the event.
Can I have food catered at my event?
- Regarding KU Dining
- If your event is only open to your club's members, you are not required to use KU Dining
- If your event is open to all School of Business students, KU Dining should be your first option for food
- If KU Dining does not offer the specific food item(s) you are wanting, outside food can be approved by filling out the exemption form below
- No food or drink is allowed in the classrooms (but remember to clean after yourself!). Food is allowed in the Colloquium, the Atrium, the Hive.
- If you are planning on having food and/or drink at your event, Adeline Perraglio can schedule it in a designated space.
If you have any questions about hosting events in Capitol Federal Hall, please reach out to School of Business Events Director, Adelina Perraglio.
FAQ's for promoting events within Capitol Federal Hall
Do we need to include the UBC logo on our graphics?
- Member organizations must include the UBC logo in all promotional materials of events that are partially or fully funded by UBC
How do we get on the school-wide calendars?
- Events submitted through the link below will appear on the KU Business Connect app, the big board scrolling calendar, and all other small screens in cap fed
How do we get graphics on the big board?
- Contact Jon Eddy at least 48 hours in advance to be featured on Capitol Federal Hall’s electronic billboard.
- Provide start and end dates for the graphic to run.
- Graphics will automatically appear on the smaller screens in Capitol Federal Hall as well.
- If you’ve designed the graphics, you'll need to provide a JPG or PNG file that is 2546 × 960 pixels in size.
- If you need help designing the graphics, provide basic information about your event and Jon can help you with the design process. If your club plans to have Jon create the graphic, you must notify him well in advance of the event (a few weeks at least).
What's the best way to advertise my event?
- Social Media stories and posts (tag @KansasUBC or @KUBSchool for a repost!).
- UBC and business school calendar.
- On the ePlatform when event has ePoints available.
What about social media?
- Tag or send the post to tag @KansasUBC or @KUBSchool so we can repost it!
- If you want to advertise an event or speaker on the @KUbschool social media pages, email your graphics to Kelsey Cipolla.
Can I get my event or speaker distributed to external audiences?
- Email Lauren Cunningham at least a month before your event or speaker is to come about the event you would like to promote. She would be happy to work with you to send out event announcements to external audiences like alumni
- It is not guaranteed that your announcement will be sent out on time, or at all, but there is a strong possibility if you leave enough time for Lauren and the communications team
Host your events, the right way!
The UBC encourages student organizations to make the most out of their events, so clubs are able to:
- Request permission to cater from outside restaurants
- Request permission to host a food truck
- Host a guest speaker
- Give a guest speaker a UBC-funded gift
Request to Cater from Outside Restaurants
No food or drink is allowed in the classrooms!
Hosting a Food Truck
Guest Speakers - Parking & Gifts