Become UBC organizational member.
The UBC is happy to support your club in a multitude of ways.
Please reach out to a member of the Executive Board if you have any questions.
Register your club with the Student Involvement and Leadership Center (SILC) to access resources and leadership education. Clubs have from July 1st until September 15th each year to submit updated information to SILC. Do you want to host an event? Access additional funding? Then you'll want to let SILC know you're legit. It's quick and easy, and you'll have access to Rock Chalk Central, your one-stop shop for managing and communicating with your members. SILC is requires all registered clubs to submit an updated copy of the club's constitution along with its SILC registration. Below is a sample of how your club's constitution might look.
Clubs must be registered with SILC prior to registering as an Organizational Member with the UBC.
Organizational Members Must...
1. Be recognized by the University of Kansas and have been in existence for at least one semester
2. Be comprised of at least 2/3 School of Business undergraduate students
3. Be registered with the Student Involvement and Leadership Center (SILC) - See above
4. Be a business organization representing the interests of the students within the School of Business
5. Submit a written request of membership, copy of constitution, and proof of University recognition to email@example.com
6. Demonstrate commitment to the UBC
7. Obtain a 2/3 approval vote by the UBC executive board at a regularly-scheduled meeting
1. Responsibly represent the interest of the member organization to the UBC and its affairs.
2. Actively serve and support the mission, objectives, and activities of the UBC.
3. Require representatives to regularly attend the UBC meetings and encourage participation in all UBC activities.
4. Provide a current list of officers to the Executive Board of the UBC at the beginning of each semester.
5. Supply the UBC with a list of calendar events as they become known to the organization.
Manage Your Club Information
The School of Business website has a page dedicated to student clubs. Send updates or additions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Banks that require few fees and are easy for organizations to open accounts with: